A Wonderful June

Sunday, July 1, 2012
A Wonderful June

From Bob

     June was a very good month. While I had a couple of episodes where I became lightheaded, I never passed out. Not one time!  That is a new personal record for me - an entire month with no syncopal episodes.
 
     I had no hospitalizations. It's now been 10 months since I was last in a hospital. Unfortunately, Adam and Sharon's daughter Avery (2) fell and hit her head on a table and required a "staple" at the emergency room. She is her father's daughter - Adam was the child that kept us busy with doctors. He had so many broken bones we felt that we paid for the orthopedist's office building.
 
     Because I am feeling better I want to increase my activities. My biggest "problem" now is fatigue. My doctors have adjusted my medication and while that helps, I still spend a great deal of the day sleeping. My goal remains to return to work part time and to do that, I need to increase my stamina. Progress is slow but I am improving. Recently I have started using a cane to get around the house. For the first time in 3 years I was able to get in the pool. Poor Andrew (7) thought I was going to drown.
 
     If I start to get discouraged, Patra reminds me how far I've come. It really is amazing to consider how different things were just one year ago. I'm not aiming to participate in the Olympics this month (although I can't wait to watch and cheer for USA) but I would like to be more independent. I really did take for granted the pleasures of walking, driving, working. I'm trying very hard not to take anything for granted now.
 
      On Father's Day, I had the privilege of sharing my testimony at our church. Jenny (and David), Emily, Adam (and Sharon), and all the grandchildren were there (the 4 youngest went to the nursery.) After I shared Jenny spoke as the representative of the family. If you are interested, I've included a video from that evening service at Starkey Road Baptist Church.



Video streaming by Ustream

     Psalm 8 has been a very special Psalm during this journey. I often enjoy slowly reading and meditating upon its truths.

(Psalms 8:1-9 CEV)

Our [Lord] and Ruler,
your name is wonderful
everywhere on earth!
You let your glory be seen
in the heavens above.
      With praises from children
and from tiny infants,
you have built a fortress.
It makes your enemies silent,
and all who turn against you
are left speechless.
  I often think of the heavens
your hands have made,
and of the moon and stars
you put in place.
      Then I ask, “Why do you care
about us humans?
Why are you concerned
for us weaklings?”
      You made us a little lower
than you yourself,
and you have crowned us
with glory and honor.
      You let us rule everything
your hands have made.
And you put all of it
under our power—
  the sheep and the cattle,
and every wild animal,
  the birds in the sky,
the fish in the sea,
and all ocean creatures.
  Our [Lord] and Ruler,
your name is wonderful
everywhere on earth! (Emphasis mine)

Dear God: Thank you for your goodness. We continue to pray for many friends who are walking through the "tall weeds." May they feel Your presence. Thank you for the prayers of friends. May I be faithful to You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Until August 1. God willing.
Bob

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good afternoon, Bob,
We are rejoicing with you about your good report for the month of June. It is wonderful to know that things are better.
Now, for patience to get even more strength and to be able to do more activities.
Thanks for sharing Jenny's comments with us all. It is a blessing to hear how God is blessing the members of your family even as you go through the "tall weeds" of pain and suffering. We should say "as" you go through those tall weeds.
Praise our God for HIS goodness!! We know beyond any questions that you are a true MIRACLE. You are an answer to many prayers!! Just look at how far you truly have come. Even back into the pool!YEAH! We could use your pool here in TN at 104 degrees.
Bob, we continue to pray, praise, and love,
Lex and Linda
Anonymous said…
Continuing to praise the Lord for His miracles in your life.
Howard B.
Anonymous said…
I have been so blessed to sit here this morning, in the quiet of my house, and listen to the video testimony.
Powerful.
Thank you for sharing it.
Susan (Adams) Moffett